| Provo Tabernacle on its way to becoming a Temple! |
For someone who loves pictures, and carried her camera around the entire time she was in UT, I didn't take that many photos. Instead of taking photos I was genuinely enjoying, and making the most of every moment I had with my family.
*******************************************
... thoughts about BYU
I had an outstanding experience at the "Y" and I'm so glad that I ended up there. I had no intentions of going to BYU. I was a pretty smart kid who worked very hard on maintaining good grades. (Elder) Jeffrey R. Holland, who was president of BYU, spoke at my dad's funeral. As I was shaking his hand after the funeral service was over, he asked me if I was going to go to BYU. I didn't plan to. But I was only 12.
When I was a senior at Viewmont High School (go Vikings) we had a day when UT colleges and universities came to recruit kids and give us information about their institutions. I collected information about Utah State. My sister Jody went there and I figured that I'd go there too. Later I had an odd but strong feeling that I should choose BYU. I told my mom about it and she began to cry. I have learned that when my mom starts crying about a decision I make I have usually made the correct one. A few of the many reasons that I'm glad I chose to go to BYU:
- Tuesday devotionals
- The extraordinary friends and roommates I had there (among them: Allison, Tricia, Mary, Rebecca, M'Shelle, Jalynn...)
- Dr. Lynn Scoresby, Dr. Terrance Olson and the Family Science Department
- This scripture on the wall of the Harold B. Lee Library (it motivated me to study and learn and endure) D&C 88:118 "And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith."
- The realization that spiritual knowledge was superior to temporal knowledge, though both are significant and valuable
Go Cougars.
2 comments:
I LOVE that picture of you at the Y. And I love that you're a Viewmont Viking! Go Vikings!
We had so much fun!! I love the blue gum in your hand :)
Post a Comment