Dextrose, Sucrose, Fructose, Corn Syrup, Glucose, Sorbitol, Diatase, Maltodextrin, Cane Sugar, Lactose, Molasses, Honey, Ethyl Maltol, Sorghum Syrup, or any other name by which sugar is known, is still plentiful in the Sweeney Household. We have three gallon-sized ziploc bags that are opened regularly throughout the day, and no parental mandates to dispose of them. Shame on us. We should have offered them money or a trade-in toy or something. Instead we are allowing our children to consume all of these wicked substances in the name of HALLOWEEN fun.
Not many pictures this year, but lots of candy.
Please note: These two trick-or-treaters were commended for their original and homemade costumes! Megan made her very own bat costume out of paper and attached her wings and body shapes all by herself with tape. Conor was an army guy (thanks to some hand-me-downs) and he taped leaves to himself. (By the time I took the photo, the leaves had fallen off.)

2 comments:
Good for you! I think it's kind of silly when parents let their kids go trick-or-treating and get all the candy, and then take it away. When I'm sick of the kids having it, I give them 15 minutes to eat all they want, and then I confiscate or throw away the rest. Works great! Cute kids in their homemade costumes.
I recognize that outfit! I wish you lived closer we could outfit Conor for years :) Megan, You did a great job on the wings!
Post a Comment