Friday, August 30, 2013

Better With Age

Before leaving for Canada, Brian and I were talking about our race times for various races and at different phases of life.  I realized that I had mis-reported my race time here (in referring to the Antigonish Highland Games 5-miler in 2002, my first time running the race.)  My time was was actually 44 min. plus, so 49 min. was not my personal best.)

Finding my actual time gave me a new goal.  I knew that I could beat 44 minutes and I planned to try.  The night of the race was excellent weather and I felt great.  So, I did it!  My times are listed below.

I am number 207.

#207 - the beginning of the race

The last stretch.....See Megan off to the side in the dirt.  She was helping me to finish strong!

The clock was the "gun time," but the chip time was 43:25.  
Race times over the years:

Antigonish Highland Games 5-Miler

2002:  44 minutes + ??
2011:  49:14
2012:  45:20
2013:  43:25

See, who says you don't get better with age?!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You are my hero! What an awesome kick at the end. I bet you'll be even faster next year, and that's impressive!

J S and S said...

Way to go!! :)

Jody said...

LOVE the running tights and the sprint to the finish. You do look, and probably feel, better than you have in a long time, huh? WAY TO GO Jeni! You are a great example :)