Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas.......

This is officially the longest standing snowman in the Edmund Inn's History! It has stood through almost the whole month of December. Now he looks anorexic, but he's still there. We look out the window each morning to check his status..... After reading the book Snowmen at Christmas, we believe that he does go out to play at night. Afterall, how could he lose all this weight if he wasn't very active?!!
Christmas Eve.
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Brian was tucked in at the firehouse and Mom left at home. She called JuJu over so Santa wouldn't be alone. Judy's an engineer, she'd assemble the dollhouse best. So mommy put JuJu right to the test. It was a great night and the 2 elves stuffed their faces with gingerbread graham crackers and egg nog (the best!)! JuJu went home, the kids were in bed, and I laid down for a long winter's rest. The kids, however, don't sleep through the night. So morning came quickly and we turned on the lights. We heard a HO HO HO and the front door click. Daddy was home, AKA: St. Nick. We walked downstairs, eyes sparkling at Santa's deliveries, the kids opened each package with squeals of pure glee. We asked them whose birthday it was today. And reminded them of the manger and the baby in the hay. We appreciate Jesus and His miraculous birth. Our blessings are plentiful and we know of their worth. Conor finding excitement from his stocking. My maternal grandma made the stocking. She had to sew on 100s of little sequins on each sock. I love seeing them hanging up to remind me of her.
Megan and daddy at Sharon's house on Christmas day. Megan loves her daddy! She runs to the door to greet him with a big hug each time he comes home. He is also her wrestling buddy. She was quite the hit at the family party. Her tricks included following dance instruction from her cousins Christine, Michelle, and Nicole and Auntie Sharon! Cute!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

7 comments:

rebecca said...

What fun! If we were closer we could have delivered gingerbread cookies to the firehouse again...only this time eggs would have been included in the batter:) We love you guys!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Your snowman needs a good meal and a bath!!! ;)

Love the photos - and the rhyme
(where DO you find time!?)
Glad you're my friend.
The end.

Sweeney Household said...

Liz, I sat at the computer for about 10-15 minutes & found myself writing my own version of "Twas the night before Christmas." I think I was born with the rhyming talent. I could sing impromptu rhymes about almost any topic. Maybe I'm related to Dr. Seuss!? he he he.... Love your pics on your BLOG. The slide show thing is cool.

Jim and Lisa said...

This is so cute! It looks like you had a good Christmas!

Valerio House said...

Any more photos from the Valerio Christmas Party? You should post Megan doing her ballet in the kitchen....Happy New Year!

Sweeney Household said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sweeney Household said...

Sharon, the videos are side-ways because of how I held the camera! I can't change them, but I'll post them anyway. They are still adorable. :)