Tuesday, January 1, 2008

X - Marks the Spot!

Since today is the 1st day of a New Year, I wanted to do something creative with the kids. Conor asks to do a treasure hunt nearly every day, as we did a lot of them during December. I planned a treasure hunt with 20 clues for today. In fact, it took us about 3 hours to complete! It was so much fun. We went up and down the stairs until I tired both of them out. Here are a few pictures of our searchings. Our "treasure" was a book about the body, complete with a great CD with songs about muscles, bones, passing gas (yes), hair, & skin. Then they each got a body puzzle that is really cool. It's layered: skeleton, internal organs, muscles, skin, and then clothes. It's age-appropriate and simple, yet teaches the basics. (I went to a great parenting class at church where the presenters talked about giving books as gifts. J said that often if you give some type of toy that associates with the book, it will become a more loved and more meaningful book. I tried her theory and it seemed to work!)






My videos are so dark, but the one below is funny. During the treasure hunt someone sneezed so this was what followed! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jim and Lisa said...

So cute and another great idea!!

J S and S said...

You are such a great Mum! I love all your great ideas! I need to try some of them :) -JS&S