




On Megan's real birthday, Conor declared, "Megan's birthday was boring Mom." He went on to list the things we did not do. So we had a fun party yesterday (better late than never!) The day was filled with: ladybug cupcakes, chocolate cake, sugar cookies, various sugar decor for the cookies, chips, blowing out candles, and cousins! It made everyone happy. Megan woke up from a nap to discover her house full of family (grandma, aunts & uncles and 5 of her cousins) for her ladybug party. The ballerina/dress-up skirt from a good friend was a big hit. (Conor had it on for awhile too!) Megan loved the attention, despite her shy personality. She tends to take about twenty minutes to warm-up to people --- Then look out! She is everything but shy.....

10 comments:
Oh yay! "ladybug ladybug fly away home!" how sweet! Happy Birthday :)
Do you know the Sesame Street Ladybug's 12 song? It's going through my head while I wish Megan a happy birthday.
That cake looked WAY yummy.
That cake looks yummy (is that my recipe?) Don't worry about Conor wearing the pink skirt. Simon loves to run around with a tiara and a magic wand...plus butterfly wings.
Hey Jamaica Joe! Yes, this is your chocolate cake recipe. You & my friend Lisa had the same famous recipe and I make it often for events. It's tasty. This one turned out perfectly, so I redeemed myself from the one that broke in 1/2!!! love ya.
ps. I used the same recipe for the cupcakes - they were delicious! I didn't know if it would work for cupcakes.
Happy Birthday Megan!
cute cupcakes.
Happy Birthday Megan! The ladybug cupcakes look so cute and I'm pretty sure I need the recipe for the chocolate cake. It looks amazing! Maybe you could include the recipe in a future post (hint, hint). I remember about 2 years ago we were pushing our boys on the swings with our big pregnant bellies....time flies! Except when you're pregnant. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with the Sweeney's.
Happy bday Megan!!
CELC. (cutest ever ladybug cupcakes) Happy birthday to Miss Megan!
I love the pic of Meg and the cake. She looks so cute! We miss you guys soooo much. The blog is fun but I want to see you guys again. I was lucky seeing you so much last year! I bet your excited for Mom's visit. Maybe we can stow away in here luggage :) Love you guys -JS&S
Post a Comment