Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentines and Seagulls

Valentine's Day was great fun! We all got surprise Valentines from Daddy to begin our day. Conor made his Valentine Bag at Preschool and came home with treats from all his buddies there. He also had a Valentine Mailbox on the porch --- waiting for more cards! Megan was the queen of sugar cookies. She ate 2 at a time. No frosting for her.
I told the kids to kiss. It never really happened...
Mr. Chef has his dough on a kid-sized spatula. I'm not sure if it remained edible....


***SEAGULLS***

Saturday Daddy had a spontaneous suggestion to go to our favorite spot: CASTLE ISLAND! It was freezing so we bundled up the kids and headed out. After saving a grocery bag full of bread and stale soda crackers, we knew the seagulls were going to be fast friends. Both Conor and Megan had done this before. It took us awhile to lure the seagulls closer and closer to us. Conor wanted one to land on him so he got into this position: (Those are crackers on his back.) He stayed as still as possible..... the seagulls got very close, but none dared to eat his offering.

Nothing like playing in the sand in mid-February! Both kids (and Mommy too) are ready for SPRING. The park, the ocean, the sand are calling us!!!!!
Editor's (AKA: Brian) Note: "You spelled seagull incorrrectly on your blog. Don't worry, it's only written about 6 times!"

Dictionary.com says:

sea·gull also sea gull (sē'gŭl') Pronunciation Key

n. A gull, especially one found near coastal areas.

Author's Note:

I am a certified teacher in the state of MA. I apologize to all my former and future students! I corrected my mistakes. :)

1 comment:

Wendster said...

If you miss the sun swing by and see my post from today. Here in California we were all out in our shorts and shirt sleeves at Heritage Park today.
I'll send a little your way. How would that be?
Hey ... I just noticed your new banner / written description of your "inn" ... it is too dang cute! I just love your writing style.
If I were a seagull, I would have landed on Conor's back. Too fun.