Monday, March 31, 2008

Kitchen, Phase 1

Kitchen update:
So, I painted one wall blue. Then I did spackling (backwards, I know). I began to feel like a mason with all the cement I was putting on the holes, etc. I painted one coat of semi-gloss white on the trim just to get a view of the kitchen's future. So, here you can see the old yellow, the new blue, and the new white.

This is my masonry work below. I'm still not finished. I see my job as simply trying to make lemonade out of lemons. ;)

I also visited City Paint today and Sandra (my favorite paint lady), gave me some assistance in choosing a new color. We chose a brighter and bolder blue called CHICAGO BLUES. I guess the primer will be phase 2. Chicago Blue will be phase 3. I was inspired to do a brighter blue by these cute little knobs that I found at Anthropologie.

Cheers! Happy Painting!

9 comments:

rebecca said...

I love the paint color and the knob is darling. I want the yellow ones with red rosebuds for my girls' dressers. Your kitchen is coming along...it's going to look really nice!

Wendster said...

Ya' gotta love high gloss for window trims!
Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it all done.
Good for you, Jen. You're quite the fixer-upper. Nice job. I'ts going to be so awesome!

J S and S said...

I love the knobs! I want to do my bathroom in blue. I need you to come to my house for my kitchen. I bought a palm sander but I haven't started sanding the cabinets yet. I'm too nervous. Love you -JS&S

Sherene said...

I love blue! Our home is painted blue in several rooms, great color pick!

Renee said...

i'm not sure what to think...the kitchen has always been yellow...

Sweeney Household said...

Renee, Your comment cracked me up! I know it's hard to see the Edmund Inn change colors, but the yellow has been here before Brian was! :)

Swoopref said...

That yellow paint has been painstakingly perserved by the home owners because it was brushed on by Paul Revere.

Due to current (wife) pressure, the museum curator has decide not to stand in the way of progress.

Swoopref said...

d