Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April FOOLS Day...

Conor is at the perfect age for April Fool's Day. He is a huge fan of Knock Knock Jokes and loves to play tricks on people. I gave him a brief explanation this morning of what April Fool's Day was all about --- telling people outrageous things & then announcing, "April Fool's!" He caught on right away. His 1st April Fool's Day joke was this: (He came up with all of these on his own without any creative assistance.)

Conor: I really like broccoli now!
Person: Oh, you do? That's great.
Conor: April Fool's!
He also did this one to Grandma Sweeney on the phone. :)

To his teacher at school:

Conor: I'm really excited because I get to go to a playdate with my
friend after school today!

Teacher: Oh really? That sounds like fun!

Conor: April Fool's!

To JuJu on the phone:

Conor: Tomorrow we are going up to Lake Winnepesaukee!

JuJu: Wow! You are?

Conor: April Fool's!

JuJu: You got me!

And, little Miss Megan was not to be left out of the April Fool's Day fun! She was going around saying, "April Fool's!" which was only understood by her loving parents.

Happy April Fool's Day! I'd like to know the history of this silly, outrageous "holiday."

3 comments:

Wendster said...

What a smartie!

J S and S said...

Too funny! I think kids love getting away with telling whopper stories :) You'll have to check out my blog to see my April Fool's Day joke and check out http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/aforigin.html for a bit on the unknown history... Love -JS&S

Sherene said...

How adorable! I want to hear C's knock knock jokes!