We were admiring the neighbor's tulips and daffodils the other day and Conor said, "We have flowers too!" pointing to our little purple wild flowers, which are pretty. Then he announced, "SPRING HAS SPRUNG!"
I haven't been taking as many pictures lately. I have been wrapped up in my own Spring Project. (We took everything out of the pantry and and going to put in new food shelves, etc.) The kids have been enjoying days at the park and riding in the bike trailer. Brian asked Conor how his bike ride was today and Conor said, "It was terrible. The swing was broken and Mommy's chain was moving really slowly!" Conor = 41 lbs + Megan = 31 lbs = 72 extra lbs for Mommy to pull. No wonder the chain was moving really slowly!!! We played wiffle ball and chase, and took turns swinging on the one swing (off the bike path). I thought it was great fun. ;)
Here are a few pictures of the kids. The neighbors recognize my kids because of their rain boots. Megan wears either Conor's blue boots, or her own yellow ones. Conor usually chooses the yellow ones that are 3 sizes too small. They are Mud Lovers so Mommy has to have limits. I can only use so much Oxy Clean in one day!!!! It doesn't have to be raining for them to be sporting rain boots. Megan's come up to her knees, but she loves being able to put them on & take them off "by myself." And Conor will tell you the recipe for Mud Pie.

A morning at the park with Megan. She was a dare devil on her pedal-less trike.
No binky? Take note Bob!!!
"Queen" of the Mountain......
Conor's underwear again.... it's those muddy pants, I'm telling you! He was watching PBS kids and they had something about Sponge Skating. Conor came into the kitchen telling me that our floors were dirty (dusty from sanding spackle) and asking me if I'd like to Sponge Skate with him. We tied sponges to his feet with string and he cleaned away! Spring cleaning at its best. Creative Conor.

5 comments:
Great Pics! I love the rain! Go Meg and Conor! When your Aunt Julie visits you, someday we'll play in the rain! We love you all! Tell Brian to check out my blog there is a pic for him. P.S. Claritin works for Sam. Zyrtec, Flonase and Singular have worked for Sikoti (not all at once..) Don't you just love allergies! It could be all the dust from your project. You may want to use a dust mask. That's my diagnosis. Love you! DR. JUJU :)
I love kid and their creative thinking. Today I was wiped out tired from doing yard work all day yesterday, so I told Tristan: "If you lay down and ACTUALLY go to sleep, I mean you know fall asleep and all of a sudden you wake up and say: "Oh my gosh I fell asleep!" ... THEN ... then I will let you play video games."
We laid down, he laid their talking and talking and talking and then said: "Oh my gosh! I fell asleep! Can I play videos now?"
ha.
Little creative speaking little guy!
p.s. Good for you pulling that bike trailer full of kids. I "have" a bike trailer.
you need to get Conor a pair of the LL Bean rain pants!!! Then he will stay a bit cleaner...maybe : )
We should plan a bikeride sometime and go somewhere fun (and somewhat close-none of us last very long). Last time I had the kids out in bike trailer Bryn started screaming because we were going downhill and she didn't think I knew how to stop. Her confidence in my skills is overwhelming.
Post a Comment