
Conor got to make his own birdhouse at preschool! Each of the kids put the pieces together (with help) and then painted their birdhouse. Conor painted his red, in hopes to attract hummingbirds.

"Another way to get hummingbirds' attention is to festoon (be tasteful, now!) your feeder with red or orange surveyor's tape, available in hardware stores. It is thought that hummers are sensitive to ultraviolet light, which these fluorescent tapes reflect in abundance." http://www.hummingbirds.net/attract.html
Conor says, "I love my birdhouse. I love it like a bird. I love my red. I wish my house was red....." Of course he SANG these words, in true Conor-fashion.
2 comments:
Way to go Conor!! I love red too! I have birds that like to look for worms in my backyard. Sam likes to scare them because he likes to see them fly away :) We love you! Aunt Julie, Sikoti & Sam
What an awesome birdhouse. Nice work, Conor!
Post a Comment