I was so impressed with the way the staff, nurses, doctors, and x-ray technicians treated Megan. They were so accommodating and kind. And quick, considering it was a busy day in the ER. As soon as we got to the children's area and she saw a fish tank full of fake fish, she immediately smiled, pointed to the fish with her injured arm, and said, "Nemo!" Then she proceeded to play with the fish tank and the puzzles they had on the wall with her immobile arm. (The $50. co-pay was paid so she felt at ease to relax... He he he) After the trauma of x-rays we went into a patient's room. I held Megan on my lap on a miniature hospital bed and we got 1st class treatment. They turned on "Blue's Clues" and blew bubbles for her, and gave her a tiny little stuffed bunny. When the pediatrician came back, Megan showed the doctor how she could lift her arms up high, down low, turn them back and forth, etc. so we were discharged with a happy report. Nothing showed up on the x-rays either. The pediatrician announced that she was fine and asked, "Do you want to go home now Megan?" Megan answered, "No!" She was very content being held, coddled, and entertained by Blue's Clues.
At first while driving Megan to Winchester Hospital, I thought, "You've got to be kidding me ---- the irony that I am in the ER on Mother's Day with my baby." Later on, when I talked to my mom, she reminded me that she was giving birth to my brother Jeff on one Mother's Day! Brian's mom was also giving birth to him on a Mother's Day. Fun --- contractions and pushing on Mother's Day! The tradition of service continues. For me, it was actually quite relaxing to sit and hold Megan today and reassure her that her mommy was going to keep her safe.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
ps. Conor made a crown for me at church that I got to wear. If I had it on, he was supposed to do everything I said. He agreed to it in primary. Well, he happily presented it to me. I asked him to go upstairs to get his pajamas on and he said, "Do you think you are King?" I said, "No, I am the Queen!" Despite his refusal to do everything I said, he and Megan were really cute today and told me Happy Mother's Day several times. I got a yummy breakfast, along with delicious cookies from a friend, and a flower in a pot, painted by Conor!
3 comments:
Bryn never offered me her crown. I guess because it had such magical powers and she didn't want to face the consequences. What an ordeal to spend Mother's Day in the ER! I'm glad everything checked out okay with Megan's arm.
I'm glad Megan is OK. :)
Glad Megan is ship shape.
My first baby was a "day before Mother's Day" baby. I was definitely glad to be DONE laboring BEFORE Mother's Day.
Post a Comment