A day at home with the kids can bring an array of things....... from philosophical questions about God to playing games and jumping out of tubes. The joys of motherhood are endless (seriously!).
Philosophy 101
I looked over at Conor yesterday morning as I was folding laundry. He was staring at the floor, deep in thought. I was just about to ask him if he was okay when he said, "Did Jesus make dinosaurs?" I said, "Yes, he helped create everything." Conor asked, "Then who made Jesus?" Surprised, I looked up from my folding and answered, "That's a really good question. Heavenly Father, or God, made Jesus." "Then who made God?," was his quick follow-up question. I thought to myself, "He isn't supposed to ask these deep questions until he's older than four!" I said, "I really don't know who made God." We talked about how Heavenly Father was the Father of our spirits, but when we came to earth to gain a body we had earthy parents too. I explained it using Conor as an example, then Jesus. About 5 minutes later, as I was finishing putting the clothes away, Conor said, "Was Mary the mom?" Again we went over the basics of the Plan of Salvation. What a blessing to be able to answer those questions. I am happy that I can confidently say that I know these things. And I loved feeling comfortable explaining them to a child.
Later the same day......
Pop Goes the Weasel
We got out the tubes and a tent for the activity of the day (rainy day). Then I had an idea. The kids loved it. Enjoy!
5 comments:
Conor is lucky to have such a great mom who has taught him to ask great questions!!!
LOVE the little weasels :)
I love that they have two different weasel popping methods (Conor's jumping and Megans pulling the tube down).
Yesterday on the way to preschool Bryn and Bethany started asking how God made us. What do you say to that?!? So of course I went into a lengthy discussion of blueprints (DNA) and building materials (mother's womb). I think they were hoping it was more like a playdough session like when Bryn plops dough into the Bob-the-Builder mold and out pops Bob. If only!
gosh ... and all I tell my kids is that it's like kleenex coming out of the box .... MAGIC.
Glad the kids had fun on their rainy day.
What a fun activity! You and the kids are so creative! It makes me want to join in myself!
Too cute! It looks like fun! JS&S
Post a Comment