Thursday, June 5, 2008

Book Review

I have a friend who is an avid reader! I am amazed at how quickly she reads books, and how many books she reads. She often posts reviews of them on her very entertaining blog. Today I read a couple of picture books with my kids that I liked. I absolutely LOVE children's books. I am a pretty good judge of what books are good or bad (we all know what we like and what books do nothing for us). I took a class at Tufts and I learned some cool things about what authors do to make a good picture book. When we find a picture book we like at our house, Conor says, "That one should have gotten a gold medal" --- he's referring to the Caldecott Medal.
2 Books for today:

* What Eddie Can Do, by Wilfried Gebhard -- This is an adorable story of Eddie who has quite the imagination and who learns to tie his shoes in a very clever/fun way.

* Digby Takes Charge, by Caroline Jayne Church -- A sheepdog named Digby learns how to get the sheep to listen to him. He gets a secret from his other barnyard friends.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Wendster said...

These look like fun. I will keep an eye out for them.

Wendster said...

Oh yes.

I like your new template.

And thanks for stopping by my blog. It was good to see you. Next time I'll set out some 2%. :D (Over lots of ice. Do you like it that way too?)