Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last minute trip......

"The cottage is available this weekend.... Would you like to use it?" Our kind sister-in-law called last week, inviting us to come up to the Lake. (Winnipesaukee) Of course we said yes & packed up our things.... heading to NH.

The highlights:

* Bringing Brian's neice Michelle with us
* Hiking together (Megan hiked more than 3/4 of it herself!!!)
* Swimming & playing in the sand
* Fishing
* Miniature Golfing

* Brian & I got to eat out at the Woodshed, thanks to Michelle
* WE SAW A BEAR!!!! (The 2nd bear Brian & I have ever seen....)


8 comments:

Wendster said...

Loved the pics. Glad you had so much fun. A bear? (from how far away?) Awesome!
This was crazy: I clicked on all of the pics to look closer at them, and the sixth one enlarges to be picture #7. I had no idea that was even possible. lol.

Swoopref said...

The Woodshed is a nice restaurant...
did you think I took her to a real woodshed?

Cami said...

What a beautiful hike! Sounds like a FUN FUN FUN weekend. I can see I need to find myself a relative with a Winnipesaukee cottage.

Frozen Cacti said...

Beautiful. I've always wanted to go up there. Maybe we'll splurge and rent a place after graduation?

J S and S said...

Beautiful pics! Sounds like a fun vacation! We are back to school as of this morning... we will need a vacation soon :) -JS&S

amydear said...

Wow! This looks like tons of fun. Brian commented on my blog, so I had to return the favor. I can't believe these two beautiful kids you have. Megan is an absolute doll. I love her hair!

Watauga Relief Society said...

I never went there! It's so beautiful :) Looks like so much fun.

McCombs Family said...

What a fun family trip! I want to hear more about the bear too. I think the last time you saw one it was in our neck of the woods. (literally). We love you.