Friday, September 5, 2008

Sand, anyone?

Wingaersheek Beach!
It was only $10. to park, the lot wasn't full, & there weren't any bugs: The perks of going to the beach after Labor Day. And the water was beautiful. The kids were all smiles, running around chasing seaguls, launching our coal liner, swimming out to the rock with daddy, and best of all..... playing in the SAND.

5 comments:

rebecca said...

Oh how I love the super fine sand at Wingersheak! We haven't been there in a long time, but maybe we can sneak in a visit if we get another warm day before fall really sets in. It's one of my favorite beaches.

Cami said...

We were tempted to go up last night after 5pm (I think parking is even more discounted or possibly free) before the Gustav leavings ruined the rest of the weekend. We didn't make it, and now I'm kicking myself.

Watauga Relief Society said...

How cute! I love that beach, I love the beach anytime of year, but that one is one of my favs. So glad you had a great time! And $10 parking, hard to beat!

J S and S said...

OK so what is a coal liner? Is that an east coast thing? We love you all! JS&S

Swoopref said...

Coal Liner = Conor`s toy boat that looks like a coal carrier ...think Edmund Fitzgerald.