Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue





Columbus Day - in BOSTON -


Highlights of the Tufts 10K (captions under photos)

* I finished! (Can you spot me waving?)

Can you spot Conor on the far left & Megan on the far right?


* The kids ran in a 1K Fun Run & Megan ran EVERY step of the way. (She came in last, but most kids skipped a loop!)

* I got to run with Emily R. because she has an injury. Typically I don't get to run with FAST runners! I also got to run with Tara H. for a stretch. And saw 2 other Arl. Ward runners afterwards. :)




Megan took this photo! He is handsome (but skeptical about Megan . . .)
* Brian & the kids cheered me on at the last mile when I really needed some extra clapping!

* The weather was great for running today. I remembered why I loved the course -- the Charles River is one of my favorite things in Boston. (We ran right along the river.)



Face Painting: Megan was a Lion




Low Light of the Tufts 10K


* Conor never crossed the finish line after the kids' fun run! His foot was bothering him and so he jumped off the course and went looking around for better things to do. (that sounds like Conor, huh?) Luckily he walked right up to us a few minutes after our "search party" began.
_____________________________

It was a great day! I felt great until the last few miles so I can't complain.

12 comments:

ellen said...

Way to go Running Cousin!!

amydear said...

You did it! Congratulations. It looks like a really fun day. I love it when the kids can run too. Good job, Megan, for finishing.

rebecca said...

Congrats, Jen!!! That is quite an accomplishment. I'm so impressed. You couldn't have asked for more beautiful Oct. weather.

Queen Elizabeth said...

I am sooo proud of you!!!! Way to go!

Sherene said...

You never cease to amaze me!

J S and S said...

Way to go!! You look awesome! :) Way to go Conor & Meg! Love-Julie
P.S. I'm putting some pics of the fam bam on my blog today for Meg & Conor!

klap said...

CONGRATS!!!

Holly said...

Congrats on the run! I've always wanted to run but never have figured it out.

Melanie said...

Way to go! And you were smiling afterward so that's always a good sign. I'm impressed you got to run with Emily R. Even with an injury she's got to be faster than I am on a good day.

Andrae said...

Congrats on a great run! Your kids make the greatest expressions!!

Watauga Relief Society said...

Great job! You did it!

Wendster said...

Wow. I am impressed. Very very impressed. Good job. Bet you felt terrific after that run, too.