5-year-old:- Make sure to listen to what he says. Don't tune him out while trying to get things done.
- Ask him questions about things to see what he knows. Be prepared to be "stumped" by some of his questions.
- Read children's picture books.
ended up getting out the statehood quarters, putting together a puzzle of the United States and then trying to match up the quarters with the states. (Sunday activities are hard to come up with.) Before long, Conor wanted to go get his beloved piggy bank and count all his coins. He really likes money. Not necessarily because of it's monetary value. He likes it because he loves to count, sort, and organize it. He also frequently offers to pay for parking with his 100's of nickels, offers to help me buy something I say is too expensive, and he asks to buy all sorts of fun toys!
During this money/USA interaction, Conor asked me, "Momma, what is the LAST number?" I said, "infinity." Conor quickly corrected me, "No, infinity isn't a number. It's a word. It means that it goes on and on and on, ... like a race car forever driving."
I personally thought that was a pretty good definition (particularly for a 5-year-old)!
*************** PICTURE BOOKS
A few days ago we picked out 10 books at the Winchester Library. Wired is one of the books we chose. I highly recommend it for a simple, yet thorough description of how electricity works. It sparked great conversation with Conor and we both learned something!***********************************
ps. Today we had Stake Conference in Lynnfield. It was really cool to go up there & I was very inspired by all the messages. Many people spoke about their conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I could listen to stories like those all day long. I love hearing about how the gospel changes lives. It changes mine too when I am in tune with the Spirit and remember my divine worth. We survived another Sunday!
2 comments:
What a little smartie! I'm sure he takes after your little sister :) Just kidding! Love you all! JS&S
I agree, Stake Conference was great. Thanks for letting K tag along with C and M. She enjoyed playing with M.
Post a Comment