Megan waltzed out of her room about 8:30pm tonight and called, "Mommy!" I said, "What?" feeling a little disappointed that she wasn't asleep. She asked sweetly, "Are you mad?" (perceptive child) I responded, "No."She had a little plan in her almost 3-year-old brain. She then asked, "I come downstairs?....." Long pause, followed by soft footsteps on the stairs. So, we are hanging out together at 9:00pm on the eve of her birthday. She read me a spider book; turning the pages and showing me pictures. Now she is singing to me while holding her blue copy of the Book of Mormon. How can I be mad at such a cute little thing? After all, 3 years ago, I was feeling labor pains about now and anxiously awaiting her arrival from "upstairs..." She has kept the tradition of waking me up about 3:30am-ish, just like the morning of her grand entrance!!
Megan's 1st birthday

Megan's 2nd birthday

Happy 3rd birthday, Megan!!!
5 comments:
Happy birthday! (I seriously cannot believe she's 3!!! Wow.)
BTW - finished Wuthering Heights last night. Heathcliff was/is so dreadful. Ugh!! We'll have to discuss sometime.
Yay for birthdays! By the way...I also have loved all the PBS shows. I was really disappointed I missed the second part of "Tess of the D'Urbervilles." I'm a big fan of Thomas Hardy (even though his books seem so tragic).
Happy Birthday, Megan.
I remember ------------- it can't have been that long ago!
I can't believe it's been 3 years since we were pushing our boys on the swings at play group and you were wondering if you were ever going to go into labor....time flies!
Happy Birthday Megan!!!
Post a Comment