
Another Masterpiece Classics Evening ending with tears. Whenever I begin watching one of these classics, I just have to watch it beginning to end. They are done so well by PBS. My one comment about Wuthering Heights is this:
I have experienced more than my share of dramatic emotions in life. (Given that I have bi-polar, I have certainly felt many lows and many highs.) I am pretty confident that my lows and my highs are much more profound than the average person. And yet I could not entirely wrap myself around, or get into the mind and heart of, Heathcliff. He was too complex for the range of emotions I have felt. What a tragic, sad book. Emily Bronte must have, in her 30 years of life, experienced profound tragedy as well as love in order to create such a troubled character.
I enjoyed it though & highly recommend watching it.
2 comments:
I even watched it :) There were a few "Wow this is PBS...?" moments though. Luv you! -JS&S
Masterpeice theater is usually pretty good. This one was incredibly well done.
Post a Comment