Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rainy Days.....

I taught my kids the words, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down....." Last Monday it rained. 2 days ago Monday it rained (a lot). And this whole week has been kind of dreary. However, rainy days don't get these kids down. They find a way to have fun, no matter the weather!

Megan was ready for a photo shoot: all smiles!

In spite of Conor's facial expression, he was actually loving the rain. He was floating objects down the street and chasing them to the gutter. He didn't feel like taking photos.
*****************************************************

And, a thought for the day, by Conor:

As we were driving out of BJ's parking lot today, I told Conor that I hated going to BJ's. He said, "I hate it too. There are so many people there!" I said, "Well, BJ's isn't a good place for kids." He asked why. I told him to think about how many kids he saw in the store. Did he notice any other kids running around like him and Megan? (NO) Did he see any other kids on a flat bed cart? (NO) Did he see any other kids even walking around who were NOT trapped in a shopping cart? (NO) I said, "See. Some kids just have too much energy for BJ's." Then Conor piped in wisely, "Well, Mom. Everyone IS different. And different is good." I said, "You're right. It is good to be different. You and Megan are very energetic. That's good. I like that you are energetic. But, energetic kids don't do well at BJ's!"

(You should put a hidden camera in BJ's, or wherever we go for that matter, to see us in action. I am really good at not making eye contact with other adults. Just like when people cut you off driving -- if they don't look at you, it's okay, right?)

6 comments:

Wendster said...

What is BJ's? Hardware or food?

Wise boy, Conor.

I just smile at the people who make faces at my little bundle of energy.

Cami said...

Ha ha- I like the part about the eye contact- I use that trick, too.

Ann-Marie said...

love the LLBean rain pants! I need to try that eye contact thing...here they just listen to the accent of the kids and think "oh Americans."

Ann-Marie said...

love the LLBean rain pants! I need to try that eye contact thing...here they just listen to the accent of the kids and think "oh Americans."

J S and S said...

Way to go Conor! Sam has energy too :) -JS&S

J S and S said...

P.S. Way to go Megan too :) -JS&S