Today in Sacrament Meeting, as is traditional on Mother's Day, the sweet primary children sang. I love the words the primary kids say, "I know a name, a glorious name, dearer than any other (except on Father's Day - he he), Listen, I'll whisper the name to you, It is the name of MOTHER!" In our ward we have the most awesome, talented, musical people! Our primary chorister is seriously the most entertaining person ever. We get to use musical instruments, dance around, wave ribbons to "paint" the words of songs we are learning, and hundreds of other creative things. In addition to the primary children singing, three women and I sang a lovely song called The Well Within. The lyrics to this song sum up my own feelings about motherhood. We have an amazing and talented friend who finds the perfect music for every occasion. She finds the music, arranges practices, and accompanies us. She gives us plenty of opportunities to sing * sing * sing. Here are the words to The Well Within
In each passing mortal hour
All around me there is need
There are hearts that yearn, and tears that fall
And hungry souls to feed
I must seek the Spirit's wisdom
Learn compassion's gentle art
For I cannot give with empty hands
Nor love with barren heart
If I would bear my brother's burden
If I would share my sister's grief
Extend the hand of sweet compassion
Offer the weary ones relief
If I would ease the thirst of strangers
And serve His children heart and hand
I must drink of heaven's wells o'erflowing
I must learn to fill the well within
I will serve my Savior gladly
Seek his little lambs who stray
But if I would lead them safely home
I must know the way
I must seek for understanding
That I may serve his children well
If I seek to fill the soul athirst
I must first be filled
(Repeat chorus)
Church Music Contest: Relief Society division--2nd place 1990.
HAPPY
MOTHER'S
DAY!!!

5 comments:
I miss making music in the Arlington ward!
Happy Mother's Day Jen!!!
Hug!
I wish I could have listened to you sing. I miss hearing your beautiful voice! Love you-JS&S
OOPS! Spelling on the first one...
Jeni- I was just telling someone the other day that you have all the musical talent in the family, especially when it comes to singing. I so wish I could have heard you last week. I guess you will need to sing a solo for us when you are here then =)
Post a Comment