Liz, the queen, has been a fantastic friend for almost 13 years. We moved out to New England together and were roommates (in Medford) before she met the love of her life. She has always impressed me because she's not pretentious, yet she is very capable and talented. I have also had some great laughs with Liz. She taught me some of the lessons of life that her parents taught her.
1. Use it, wear it out, don't waste. Liz is a practical gal who makes the most of what she has. She has given me many hand-me-downs: A dish rack that I've used for about 8 years, a great couch, a computer screen, many fresh vegetables from her very own garden, and numerous other things.
2. Be self-sufficient. Liz can make anything or do anything. She makes jewlery, sews, has held almost every calling at church, cooks and bakes delicious food, mows the lawn, does home repairs, in addition to raising 3 smart and beautiful kids. She taught me how to make wheat bread last week. We even ground the wheat! I used to be ashamed of myself when anyone mentioned "wheat" because as a mormon woman, I feel that I should be well versed in wheat. I should know how to grind it, make homemade bread, and come up with other healthy recipes in which to use wheat. Liz helped me feel a little more self-sufficient by inviting me to her home to make bread. We made it together last Monday. She let me assist. And she sent me home with freshly ground wheat, along with a few of the ingredients I didn't have, so that I could make it all by myself. I made it last night. I pulled the loaves and rolls out of the oven around midnight.
I must say that it is absolutely delicious. I feel so proud of myself.
Thanks, Liz. You are a wonderful friend.
7 comments:
Will you demo your wheat bread for me?!
Holy I am so printing out this post and reading it for when I feel "down" - thanks for your kind words. I feel the same way about you, girl. You are a lifeline and I'm soooooo glad that the bread turned out! Let me know if you need any more supplies, etc!!!! LOVE YOU!!!
(P.S. I ran today and didn't die!!! YAHOO!!!)
Does Liz want to fly to Utah??? -JS&S :)
For the girl who said (a while back) that she didn't know how to cook --- Wheat bread and a cake from scratch !!! : )
cousin, I'd love to demo my bread as soon as I get the wheat I ordered! :) My little Bosch was at capacity with 12 cups of flour, but it turned out great. Your kitchen aid will have plenty of room.
Ok Betty Crocker or Molly Mormon, you are making me look bad for sure. Now Jeff is asking where all my cooking skills are! Love you and guess you are now making something when you are here too =)
Wow, I'm impressed. Maybe you could have some people over for a demo sometime!
Post a Comment