* I attended church here from 1996 until 2001. These were particularly significant years of growth for me. Much of that growth happened inside this building, with people who attended the Longfellow Park Ward too.
* Brian and I met in 2001 and spent our very 1st date inside this church at a Christmas Gala.
* My parents were missionaries in The New England States Mission. Both my mom and dad lived in the mission home on Hawthorne Street, behind the church, with President and Sister Truman G. Madsen. Every Sunday when I sat in the chapel, I'd think about my parents. (editor's note: my mom actually lived in the mission home, as she was Ann's companion. My dad simply spent a lot of time in the home because he was one of Truman's assistants. My mom was "Sister Beck" and my dad, "Elder Fisher." They weren't married yet....)
* I was set apart to be a temple worker in this building by Elder Loren C. Dunn. He told me that he had also spent time in this very building with my dad. That was a spiritual moment for me.
These photos were taken by ep. They brought me to tears.
6 comments:
I was so sorry to hear about this! But think of the beautiful new building that will replace it. I enjoyed reading your memories. That chapel held a lot of good ones for you.
What a nice post, Jen. Been thinking about you and the members who were so connect to LP...so sorry for the loss. But, grateful everyone was safe.
There are lots of nice memories on a very sad day.
You shared such great memories. Did Brian have to go fight the fire? or is it too far away from you? Maybe they will build it back the same way?? Kyle received his Eagle Scout Award today. It was cool. I'll have to post some pics since J & T don't have a blog. -JS&S
I can't believe that about the same time you were writing this 3 of the 6 J's plus Mom & Bob were at Jason's house celebrating Kyle's Eagle Scout. I actually got teary eyed as I read your email and post as well. I am so sad =( It was a beautiful building! So "East coast-like". On a Sunday to boot? Not fair. I will keep you & the members of that building in my prayers. Love you Jeni =)
So sorry that your beautiful chapel burned ... I hope they can restore it and I'm glad you weren't IN it.
Sounds like the good news is that no one was hurt.
It was cool to see that long line of members ... I guess they were forming a human chain to pass out the things that could be saved?
I enjoyed reading your memories.
Post a Comment