Thursday, September 10, 2009

45 minutes of kindergarten

Arlington Public Schools has a great way to start school: 1st day = 45 minutes. It was just enough of kindergarten for us today. We realized that there are a lot of logistics included in being a parent of a kindergartner, and in being a kindergartner. We met Conor's teacher, Mrs. Gigliotti, who seems great. Conor met about 1/3 of his class (they had staggered times to come today). And Conor has his own coat hook and his own cubby.


"After my 15 minute debut in kindergarten, I'm ready to go home and watch TV!"

3 comments:

Swoopref said...

Off to school with a fine homemade pen case... thanks ep!

Queen Elizabeth said...

I am so lame - I kept thinking he was still in preschool!?!? Hello! Kindergarten? AWESOME! Congrats to all!

Emily said...

I hope they have singing time at school. Your teacher can oooo and ahhh at Conor's sweet angelic voice. :)