Excellent show! Creative and well done. Funny. I love that they took an extremely popular children's picture book and made it into a movie. IMAX in 3D (at Jordan's Furniture) made it even cooler.Having given my rave reviews, Conor had a different experience. He was so excited to see the show, but about half way through he got scared. We had to leave for about 30 minutes during the storm of flying hot dogs, meatballs, spaghetti noodles, and other foods. The music was pretty intense and he was plugging his ears, hiding down into his seat, crying. The poor kid. Megan, on the other hand, sat there in her chair with her 3D glasses on and relished every minute of the show. She was only disappointed that WE missed part of the show! (Thankfully we met my friend and her family there so Megan could stay and watch the show while Conor and I sat in the hallway talking about how it's just a movie.....)
And, a plug for Jordan's Furniture: While Conor and I were sitting in the little hallway, one of the teenage girls who worked there came up to Conor and asked if he got scared. When she learned that he did get scared she went and got him a little bag of popcorn. Then she told us to go to the concession stand and they'd give us complimentary tickets to come and see a different show. That was really considerate! I was impressed.
4 comments:
I'm going to have to try that trick sometime!
Can't wait to see it. The kids have been begging =) You are such a good mom. Are you a tired mom too? =)
I'm with Ellen.
Good to know about the intensity of the food storm. Thanks for the heads up.
:)
I was so excited to take my kids to see that while we were in the States so they could see a 3D movie. Turned out not to be 3D but they forgave me and loved it anyway.
Post a Comment