Here are some pictures and words to give a summary of the past week. (Words 1st, then pictures below.)
_____________________
We get the LEGO magazine at our house and every time we do, Conor builds something cool to enter the contests they have! Megan is quite the builder herself.
Megan is very supportive of my gym habit and comes with me faithfully. On Friday she refused to go. I got out a Pilates DVD instead and she wanted to do it with me. (The circle thing came with the Windsor Pilates DVD. I ordered this system shortly after giving birth to Megan. I was feeding her in the wee hours of the morning & an infomercial convinced me......)
I read all the Twilight books and I loved them. It wasn't until this week that I saw the 1st movie. My review: I liked it. I wasn't crazy about the casting. Mostly I rented it because I told some friends that I'd go see New Moon, Book 2, with them. I'm not head-over-heels about Edward or Jacob! Imagine that? But the crowd of ladies I was with made the whole evening super fun!
I went to a Parenting Seminar earlier this week, a series of workshops about the social and emotional learning program the town uses in the schools, called Open Circle. Just before I left, Megan wanted some Honey Nut Cheerios. I needed to go so I told her that daddy would get them for her. This provoked tears and frustration for Megan. Brian came upstairs to help and I grabbed the Cheerios bag. I was feeling really upset with Megan for doing things like this all the time. As I began pouring the Cheerios I felt myself lose my "social and emotional" skills, and I threw the bag of cereal on the table, scattering some Cheerios across the table. When I got home, this note was on my desk.
4 comments:
Bryn's class uses open circle. It seems to have helped her learn how to treat Calvin better (though we're still far from perfect).
Conor's and Megan's lego structures are pretty sweet. And speaking of pretty sweet, that note from Megan melts my heart, as I'm sure it did yours. :)
Point of information: Those pink blogs on Megans` note are hearts that she drew and colored.
Loved the "week in review". I love that you share things like that cheerio moment. How many times have we all had moments that we'd probably prefer that people not know about us? I think it's awesome that you post those moments. I love your honesty.
And the pink hearts are lovely.
And those really *are* great lego creations.
Sam thinks the lego buildings are awesome and that Meg's writing is great! I love your blog and we miss you SOOOO much! The holidays are not the same with out everyone around! We are discussing a summer family trip again in June. I'll email you so that lurking stalkers (j/k :)...) don't know where our families are heading in June :)
Post a Comment