Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tooth Fairy

As if Santa Claus wasn't busy enough preparing to visit us, now the Tooth Fairy must show up at our house too!

Conor finished brushing his teeth & I came over to check. I brushed just a couple of seconds when, POP, out flew his tooth. It landed on the edge of the sink. I was so excited for him, but Conor was upset. He was saying, "I wish this was a dream." "I don't want to lose my teeth." "I don't believe in the tooth fairy anyway." It didn't help when I directed him to the mirror to see for himself how cool this was. His mouth was filled with blood and that added to the trauma. But, just like most trauma at our house, it quickly passed. By the time he had his pj's on he was proudly allowing me to photograph the moment. And he stuck his tooth safely under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy. He decided to believe!
Megan didn't help matters.... She was cheering that she had ALL of her teeth. "Look! I didn't lose a tooth."

6 comments:

Queen Elizabeth said...

So funny. On the way to your house yesterday, Max was asking when he'd be losing his teeth. Huh. Must be something in the air.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Maybe next year he can sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." Thanks for sharing this great news!

Angi said...

This story is hilarious, serioulsy from start to finish. I love it! especially "I wish this was a dream"...that's classic, it's also what I say a lot too. And that little Megan oh boy she kills me!

J S and S said...

Cool! Conor you'll be excited when the cool bumpy teeth grow back... you'll have to wait until it grows back to know what I'm talking about :)

Traci said...

I so love missing teeth! Eliza is missing her two front teeth. TOo adorable~

Drewmeister said...

What a funny story! Glad Conor was ok with it in the end.