Saturday, January 30, 2010

Someone at our house is FOUR!

This week we celebrated Megan's 4th birthday! We took a couple of friends to the Tumble Gym and the following day had a party (at Megan's request) with Conor's boy friends, along with their little sisters.






I hope Megan knows how much her dad and I love her. She has always been fiercely independent and determined. She is a loyal sister. Sometimes she can be hesitant, shy, or unwilling to share her personality with others, but when she does, she's adorable and sweet. She's a beautiful little girl who is cuddly and fun. She's a tough little wrestler too. Just in the past few months her personality has blossomed and she is quite the comedian. Tonight at our dinner prayer she said this:

(preface: At dinner time tonight Daddy was catching up on some lost sleep from work and apparently Conor wasn't following the proper prayer etiquette. Our kids both say "Thank you that...." in place of saying "Please bless..." in their prayers.)

Megan: ........"Thank you that daddy will have good dreams. Thank you that Conor will fold his arms. Thank you that Conor will shut his mouth (his mouth was wide open) and stop moving his head."

I thought it was very cute. Happy Birthday 4-year-old!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Happy birthday to Miss Megan! Now the question is, did you keep a straight face during that prayer?!? I don't know how you could.

McCombs Family said...

What a sweetheart! We wish we could sing along with the crew. Looked like a fun party. I love the funny things kids say...especially 4 year olds. Love you all.

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Megan!
Love the prayer story...we get some pretty entertaining prayers around here too. Also, I LOVE the pictures of the kids on your sidebar. Fantastic!

Jody said...

Oh Megan! You are funny - I can't wait to see you again. Four is so grown up! I am sorry I didn't call you on your Birthday...I still love you much =) Jeff, Adam & Sara say Hi too!! Our family prayers sometimes get a little "preachy" too and it cracks me up!!

M & S said...

Happy belated birthday M! You are adorable!

Angi said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! I can't believe my sweet little nursery singer is already 4!