Monday, February 8, 2010

Quick Catch-up

I didn't even post anything on Groundhog day! I love Groundhog day. Conor and Megan and I read a great book by Gail Gibbons (who is an excellent author of non-fiction books for kids) about the tradition of the groundhogs and other hibernating animals seeing their shadows. Huge bummer, but no surprise that we'll have 6 more weeks of winter. We should adjust the groundhog tradition in New England to either have 6 more weeks of winter (putting us into March), or 8 more weeks of winter, which would land us into April. More realisitc.


There was an outbreak of strep at Conor's school. When I went to pick Conor up on Thursday (after a sports class he does), he was lying on the floor outside the gym saying, "Mom, I have a sore throat!" Strep was confirmed at the doctor's office later that evening. He has taken amoxicillin 3 days now and has 7 days left. The bubble gum flavor was thrilling at first, but after taking it 3x/day, he is already sick of it. Megan was hoping to have strep so she could take the medicine too, but no luck. Her's came back negative. We threw away Conor's toothbrush tonight, as directed by the pediatrician, and hope to say good-bye to sickness for awhile.


Life at the Edmund Inn has been a bit hectic given that Mr. Sport's Fan (GO SAINTS -- I had to ask Brian to remind me who won?!!) has been driving oil, hanging out at the firehouse ;), and refereeing basketball non-stop. All I can say is I don't know how people do it who work full-time, take care of their kids, take care of the laundry, cooking, etc.!!!!! I'm thankful that Brian does the "working full-time" part. At any given moment here at the Edmund Inn, you are sure to trip on a Playmobil or Lego piece.


I have many posts saved in my brain and am hoping to post a few of them soon for your reading enjoyment. For now, Happy February!!!

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Jen, we've got strep here too! Yuck.
Are you up to running the 1/2 marathon at Lake Winn. in May? I'm thinking about it.

Sweeney Household said...

Rebecca, you are amazing (or crazy, right?) to run the 1/2 marathon. I can't think of a better place to run it. Let me think about it ----

J S and S said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you are back to your blog! We miss you all! -JS&S