Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cutting Crusts off Bread

I cut the crusts off of bread for my children.  (Some say they would NEVER do that.  To each his own.)  In case you are a crust-cutter like me, I want to suggest Arnold Whole Wheat Bread.   There are many reasons why I like it so much.

  • It is 100% whole wheat
  • It has no high fructose corn syrup in it
  • And it is shaped perfectly for crust-cutting

Many brands of bread are rounded on the top so it makes cutting the crusts off kind of a pain.  In the process of removing the crusts, you also lose a lot of the bread!  Also, something about the texture of the Arnold bread makes it very easy to trim crusts off.  Arnold bread is square-shaped so you don't have to work so hard to get the most bread.


I try to buy it at BJ's because it is cheaper there.  I have often seen it on sale at Market Basket too.  (BJ's tends to have fresher bread.  When Market Basket puts bread on sale it is because the sell by date is coming up.)

2 comments:

J S and S said...

I've got to get my kids switched over to wheat... You could always save the crusts to feed the ducks or dry out to use as breadcrumbs for the birds?? That way you are saving your children and the world ;)
Love you guys!!! -JS&S

Jody said...

This is a great post. I hope you cut off the crusts and eat them =) I love crusts and one day the kids will eat them, or not =) I think I've had this brand - I tried one the other day from Costco (a girl had some at work) called Dave's Killer Bread - not even joking - I kept googling it under Steve's Prison Bread because I couldn't quite remember the name. If you can find it, buy some. The kids may not like it, but it was DEE-LISH!! Almost like a treat...check out the ingredients list =) Okay, I sound like an infomercial. http://www.daveskillerbread.com/faq.shtml

XOXOXOXOXO