Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Pics

Memorial Day Weekend Photos, over the years.

2007

2008



2009
(I think we skipped the parade, along with red, white & blue clothing, in 2009.)


2010



________________________________

Because Daddy has to work on Monday this year, we celebrated Memorial Day today.  Our celebration included visits to graves.  Brian's paternal grandfather is buried in Malden.  When we got to Holy Cross Cemetery we were having trouble finding his grave.  We looked for quite awhile in a particular spot and finally Megan and I said a prayer. (Today's primary lesson was about prayer so we figured we'd put it into practice.)  Brian decided to look one last time before leaving, and sure enough, he found it.  Edward and Esther Sweeney.  We also stopped by to visit Brian's dad's grave in Arlington.  

2011



__________________________________

This year I feel particularly aware of the veterans and our service men and women who serve our country.  I finished reading Unbroken (recommendation of my friend Liz) and felt an incredible sense of gratitude for the sacrifices and suffering made on behalf of our freedoms.





1 comment:

J S and S said...

I love the walk down memory lane. I think you should put the one of Brian and the two kids backs in a photo contest. It is awesome! Love you all -JS&S