Saturday, June 4, 2011

Literary Tea

It is a tradition at Stratton School to have the 1st grade classes host a fancy Literary Tea at the end of the year to showcase the children's writing.  It was the cutest thing.  Conor, the kid who complains about wearing anything resembling "church clothes," asked if he could wear a tuxedo.  We settled on him wearing his suit. Okay, Brian and I are pretty proud of him.  He's so handsome too.

7 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

before reading your text about how Conor asked to wear his suit, I thought "How did she convince him to wear his suit?" So handsome!! Yeah Conor!

Jody said...

CONOR - You are the MAN!! I just have to comment quickly that I can't wait to read all of your essays AND that your Mom & Dad are such GREAT parents =) I love you!! CONGRATS for graduating from 1st grade =) (I could have sworn you were in 2nd or 3rd though since you seem so mature!!) LOVE the suit...those girls in your class probably have crushes on you =) Oh ya, I forgot this was a short comment!! XOXOXOXOXO

ellen said...

I love that he wanted to wear a tuxedo! Congrats to Conor the writer!

Queen Elizabeth said...

That is such a great idea. Way to go Conor! The look(s) on that proud face are priceless.

Anna said...

Conor Sweeney, Budding Ph.D. - a man after my own heart :) I hope he'll share his essays sometime! xoxo Anna the Banana

Melanie said...

What a snazzy suit!

McCombs Family said...

How special for Conor! What a handsome kid too. It is so neat to see his creativity at work. It is no mystery that he is related to you. Love you.