Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Building Houses

Each year when Trader Joe's sells out of their Gingerbread House kits, I think, "I have to get one early NEXT year!"  But, I still was too slow.  So, I got some Wilton kits from Michael's and now I know why Trader Joe's sells out.  TJ's houses are already assembled.  It took HOURS for me to build the houses.  The kids tried, bless their hearts, but it was really difficult.  We had to wait until the next day to decorate them.  Their patience did pay off because their houses turned out beautifully!  It was so much fun to watch them create their unique house.  I did assist with the frosting.  The Gingerbread houses make a festive contribution to the rest of our Christmas decor!


2 comments:

J S and S said...

Great gingerbread houses! I wish we had a Trader Joe's in Utah. -JS&S

Jody said...

WAY COOL!! Conor and Megan, you both are so creative. I can't figure out which one I'd like to eat first! HA HA.. silly Aunt Jody =) Miss you guys!