Sunday, April 8, 2012

Here Comes Peter Cottontail . . .

Hopping down the Bunny Trail . . .  Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  I love springtime;  daffodils, the newness of budding trees, smiling faces, pastel colors, and Easter eggs.  I also love bunnies - it's the only pet I've ever wanted - and Cadbury mini eggs are pretty tasty too.  As a kid we always got a chocolate egg with our name written on it in icing along with an egg made of sugar with a little scene inside.   Today we got Lindt chocolate bunnies.

Here are a few shots of Easter Sunday:



2012


Conor was very suspicious about this note from EB, the Easter Bunny.
It was pretty obvious to Conor that his mom, not the Easter Bunny, will take any opportunity to combine learning with fun!







Today I taught a group of four children about "Easter Footprints," a map of the Savior's life leading up to the crucifixion and resurrection, from the Friend magazine (scroll down past "Seeing the Joy of Easter").  I made paper footsteps for my class to walk on and coordinated them with each of the six events that the article outlined.  Using pictures, we told each other the story of Jesus' death on the cross and his subsequent resurrection from the dead.  Then I told them the simplified story of my dad and how thankful I am that his body will also be resurrected because of what Jesus did for us.  I showed them my dad's picture as I told the story.  I felt the spirit endorse what I was saying.  I was humbled today by the faith I have in Jesus Christ, particularly as a friend spoke in church about life, death and the resurrection, and then again in primary when I talked about my dad.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And, before "hopping" off to bed, a memorable Easter photo (courtesy of ep) from 2007.

left to right:  Megan, Emma, Sarah, Kate, and Conor
(We sure wish our friends would HOP back to MA because we miss them!)

1 comment:

J S and S said...

I'm so glad you put your Easter pics up. We MISS you guys!!! It looks like you had a fantastic Sunday :) -JS&S