Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Brian!

Brian is celebrating an undisclosed number of years today, but in my mind we are both 30:  happy, healthy and very lucky to have each other.

One of the many things I admire about Brian is his determination and enthusiasm for things that I have never appreciated.  If anyone has ever played him in a game of chess, they know that he is passionate about it.  Not to mention that he is good.  He has also become "Piper Sweeney" as he is enamored with the bagpipes.  Ever since he got a flier advertising lessons for the Greater Boston Firefighters Pipes and Drums Brian has worked hard to master his chanter, save money for the actual bagpipes, add little fancy elaborate "things" to the bagpiper's attire???, and to play Amazing Grace over and over and over and over.  He always looks at the bright side of life, and really enjoys the things he is good at and interested in.

Happy Birthday Brian.  You are the easiest person to be married to because you are so forgiving, compassionate, and positive.  And the kids enjoy being with you more than they do me, which is very endearing.


I made Brian the most delicious meal I've made in our marriage to date.  Filet Mignon, Herb-encrusted Salmon (missing from the picture), Smashed potatoes, and his favorite green beans (Del Monte).  Then for dessert I made his all-time favorite Chocolate-Walnut Brownies.  They are so divine that they are sinful.  Seriously.  I'll post the recipe...

Proud Birthday Boy with his 2 favorite kids and his greatest fans

We celebrated his birthday last night because he has to work 24 hours today.  Megan sang, "In one day" after singing "Happy Birthday" since it wasn't the "REAL" day.  Funny kids.  Cha Cha Cha!

4 comments:

ellen said...

That's a lot of candles.

J S and S said...

Handsome, Birthday Bloke! :)

J S and S said...

P.S. Way to go on the cooking Jen :)

Elisabeth said...

Happy Birthday Brian! I love bagpipe music, that's so impressive that he's learned to play!