Friday, August 10, 2012

Do You Want to be a Piper?

The Antigonish Highland Games have become a favorite part of our adventures in Nova Scotia.  Megan loves the tug-of-war, Conor likes to watch the caber toss, and Brian, well, that goes without saying.  He loves to see any pipe band, any time, anywhere.  As for me, I like running in the Road Race and seeing crazy people running in kilts.

This year we camped in Antigonish.  The campground was packed, which made it fun, and we were just a 2-minute walk from all of the events.


On our way to Nova Scotia we saw this covered bridge



Our camp site & our new tent!
Camping must include a game of chess!

THE HIGHLAND GAMES


5 Mile Road Race - the last lap the kids joined mommy!



2 comments:

McCombs Family said...

Look at those sexy runners legs! you are NOT in your 40s. I am so amazed at your picture taking skills. I wish we were closer because I need someone to take my kids pics...for free of course. Love you tons. Wish I was a sweeney for the summer too.

Jody said...

Cute Patriotic shorts Jeni!! And, I am impressed to how in shape you are. =) Love the pics and glad you retrieved them (did you end up losing any?). You know on Jeff and my honeymoon, my camera slipped off my wrist into the ocean from the cruise ship? Ha ha ha ha ha - true story. We got one pic. It was the one they took professionally on the dress up night, so at least we got one!! We just laugh now. Nothin' much more you can do, right?