Monday, January 7, 2013

I Kicked Cancer for 3.1 miles

On the website for the race I ran on Saturday, it said, 

"Think winter running is hard, try battling cancer."



That puts things in perspective.  Last week we had some sub-freezing temperatures, so I had thought about the weather and wondered if I would survive this race.  I don't typically run outside so I resolved to simply finish and walk if I must.  But Saturday was in the 40's and sunny so the race turned out really nice.  The course was mostly flat,  I ran right past my brother-in-law who was directing traffic on Mass. Ave., and I came in 25th in my age group.  Surprise.  I did pretty well.  I had both motivation and determination because of my mom, and because I actually ran to music for the first time. (I got an iPod for Christmas, thanks to Brian!)

27:02 was my time.  

I love you, Mom!  Keep fighting.


4 comments:

amydear said...

Nice work, Jen! I hope your Mom kicks cancer too.

Amy said...

Go Jen! You are inspiring us all!

ellen said...

Way to go!

Wendster said...

All of my wishes for your mother's victory over her cancer.